Fredonia Student Food Pantry
Food insecurity is common at colleges and universities across the country potentially impacting the educational success of many students. It is hard to concentrate when you are hungry or worrying about where your next meal is going to come from. Unfortunately, we found this to be true for our own students. This webpage was developed to help the Fredonia student manage their points/funds throughout the semester, access helpful links on good nutrition and get assistance when they are need of food.
Food Pantry Hours and Locations:
- Health Center Lobby (Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. )
- Williams Center (Information Desk outside of Tim Hortons) Seven days a week from 5:00 p.m. - Midnight
- Williams Center (Information Desk outside of Tim Hortons) Every Tuesday during the academic year from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
If you are in need of a meal, and have no money or points to buy food, and cannot get to one of these food pantries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help !!
Community Food Pantries
Chautauqua County Rural Ministries
Emergency Food Pantry
127 Central Ave
Dunkirk, NY 14048
St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Food Closet
Operates every Wednesday from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Northern Chautauqua Catholic School Gym
336 Washington Ave
Dunkirk, NY 14048
Fredonia Presbyterian Church
219 Central Avenue
Fredonia, NY 14063
(Across from Fenton Hall on Central Ave.)
Fredonia Food Pantry at 219 Central Ave. is open on the third Saturday of every month from 10 am to 12 pm. All guests receive a bag of non-perishable food.
Salvation Army offers a small food pantry.
- Food donations are accepted at either the Campus Life Office or the Student Heatlh Center
- Monetary tax deductable donations are accepted through the Fredonia College Foundation specific to the "Health Center Food Pantry Fund".
Here are some ideas for donations:
- Canned foods with pull top openings
- Soups, beans, vegetables
- Boxed foods
- Rice, macaroni and cheese, cereal, granola bars
- Individual Packets
- Oatmeal, chips, crackers, nuts, ramen noodles
- Fruit cups
- Pasta and sauce
- Feminine hygiene products
- Toothpaste and brushes
- Toilet paper
- Individual care
- Facial and body wash
- Shampoo and conditioner