You Belong at Fredonia!
2018 NEW STUDENT TRANSITION PROGRAMS
Fredonia has designed a two-step process to help students prepare for the transition to the university that includes a summer Jump Start Program and New Student Orientation. Both programs are available to first-year and transfer students.
Jump Start Program (Pre-Orientation to finalize enrollment)
One day (9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) pre-orientation experience in June and July that enables students to complete the items necessary to be enrolled in the fall semester. (Optional overnight accommodations available on campus for those traveling a distance.) Program highlights include:
- Academic Course Registration Review
- FREDCard Processing (Photo ID and Meal Plan)
- Campus Information (Residence Life, Student Activities, Career Development, Financial Aid, Student Accounts (billing), Vehicle Registration, Health Center, and Counseling Center)
- Connecting with other new students
- Parent/Guardian Orientation (optional)*
*Please note, Jump Start is a student only program. Parents or guests are not able to attend Jump Start Program workshops alongside their student directly but are welcome to register to participate in the nParent/Guardian Orientation. There is a fee for the Parent/Guardian program to cover materials and meals. It is not mandatory for a parent/guardian to attend. Click here for more details.
New Student Orientation
Three days of workshops, activities, and events to assist students in preparing to live and learn on campus August 24-August 26. New students residing on campus may move in on Thursday, August 23. Program components include:
- Official introduction to the campus community
- Academic Advising sessions
- Navigate the campus spaces (find classrooms, dining halls, etc.)
- Exposure to academic and personal support services
- Build relationship networks
- Participate in campus traditions
Accepted undergraduate students, who have paid their deposit, may register online through the Your Connection link for a Summer Jump Start Program starting April 15, 2018. You may contact the New Student and Transition Programs Office at 716-673-4969 with any questions or email us at email@example.com.
- Thursday, June 28, 2018- full
- Monday, July 2, 2018-full
- Monday, July 9, 2018-full
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 - Limited seats left - online registration until 7/9
- Monday, July 16, 2018- online registration until 7/10
- Thursday, July 19, 2018 - online registration until 7/16
Quick How to Register Directions
- Log into Your Connection using your "F" ID number
- Select the "Student Tab"
- Click on "Summer Jump Start Sessions" and complete the form.
GET STARTED ON YOUR FREDONIA JOURNEY NOW!
Once you have paid your deposit, there are things you should be doing regularly leading up to the Jump Start program:
Logging into Your Connection.
Enter your User Name: Your F ID
Enter your Password: Your date of birth mmddyy (if this is your first time logging in)
The system will walk you through a process to change your password and protect your account.
It is important that you are able to log on and access your account. You will need to register for orientation, complete your course interest survey, download health information, and review your preliminary schedule through this system.
Checking your FREDMail (Fredonia email)
To begin, find your e-services username and password in Your Connection
Log into Your Connection using your Fredonia ID and Pin
Click the Personal Information Tab
Click View Your User ID and Password
Your username and password will be listed under the Student IDs and Passwords section
Go to the FREDMail link (the little envelope icon at the top of the Fredonia homepage: www.fredonia.edu)
Enter your eservices Username and Password
If you have difficulty with your eServices username and password:
Follow the instructions above but, after you click on “View your User IDs and Passwords” under the Student IDs and Passwords section
Click on “To Reset your Passwords”
Click Next and follow directions then try logging into email at www.fredonia.edu (click on the envelope icon at the top right side of the page)
Please contact Erin Mroczka, New Student and Transition Programs at Erin.Mroczka@fredonia.edu or (716) 673-4969 with any questions you may have.