Health Center: Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
The Student Health Center staff is dedicated to providing guidance and care for optimal wellness for the campus community through holistic healthcare, disease prevention and health education in a student-centered environment that is respectful, open, friendly and trusting while working in conjunction with the baccalaureate goals of the campus.
- Skilled: The Student Health Center is committed to providing competent, confidential, quality and accessible health care through continue education and coordination of care with specialists and primary care providers.
- Connected: The Student Health Center fosters a collaborative environment that stresses open communication and consultation among all staff within the center, the Division of Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, the University and the broader community.
- Creative: The Student Health Center is committed to the efficient delivery of high-quality healthcare, consistently striving to exceed the expectations and changing needs of our students and community partners.
- Responsible: The Student Health Center is an advocate, at all times and in all venues of the campus and community, for the physical, psychological, emotional and social health and well being of our students.
The mission of the Student Health Center is to enhance the educational process and personal development of the Fredonia student by providing quality health care and promoting an optimal level of health and wellness in a caring atmosphere that respects their unique qualities as an individual.
- Student Centered – We are committed to providing competent , confidential healthcare in a student-centered environment that is respectful, open, friendly and trusting. This is done by placing the person we serve at the center of care, and providing clinical programs that deliver high quality, compassionate, effective care centered on the needs of the individual.
- Excellence – We ensure students to receive high-quality accessible healthcare through continued education programs for our staff and coordination of care with specialists and primary care providers
- Compassion – We advocate, at all times for the physical, psychological, emotional and social health and well being of our students.
- Accessibility and Responsiveness – We promote equity and inclusion and believe everyone should receive the highest quality of care. We are committed to providing programs and services that are economically, physically and culturally accessible and responsive to the changing needs of our campus community.
- Collaboration – We embrace working collaboratively with students, campus, and local providers using the strengths of a multidisciplinary approach stressing open communication and consultation while also maintaining student confidentiality.
- Social Responsibility – We educate students on how to become independent healthcare consumers through wellness promotion and guidance on health issues, both during visits to the student health center as well as through outreach programming.
- Diversity – We understand that college students come from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and will work with each student as an individual ensuring that their health care needs are understood and cared for.