- Faculty & Staff
If your are a currently enrolled student, many of the services at the Student Health Center are covered by the mandatory health fee.
The student health fee covers the following (so currently enrolled students pay no additional fees for them):
- Office visits
- Some medications (if part of the center's dispensary)
- Some medical supplies (if ordered by center staff)
- Health education and counseling
The Student Health Center is a good place to start if you have medical needs. Often, your needs will be met here without you having to go off campus for care.
Note: The student health fee covers services during the regular academic year. Students taking summer courses and those wishing health services during the summer will incur a summer student health fee.
The student health fee doesn’t cover the following (so students pay additional fees):
- Flu/influenza ($10.00 for students and $20.00 for staff)
- Tuberculosis Skin Testing ($10.00)
- Allergy Injections ($35.00/semester)
- Medications that aren’t part of the center's dispensary, including over-the-counter medications
- Laboratory tests performed at a laboratory outside of the health center such (i.e. Brooks Memorial Hospital) either a student’s insurance covers these costs or the student must pay out-of-pocket)
- Radiology tests (students are sent off-site for these; either a student’s insurance covers these costs or the student must pay out-of-pocket)
- Emergency contraception ($15.00 )
- Birth control (Refer to Fredassit)
The student health fee doesn’t pay for or reduce costs for services outside the Student Health Center. Students are responsible for any health care costs incurred outside the Student Health Center, including those at private physicians’ offices, drugstores/pharmacies, hospitals, walk-in clinics and urgent care centers.