- Faculty & Staff
At the Career Development Office (CDO) we value the opportunity to collaborate and partner with Fredonia faculty and staff to support students in their professional and academic development. We would like to invite you to explore some of the ways that you can connect with the CDO.
Refer Students or Alumni
Working with students or alumni in need of career planning? Encourage them to schedule an appointment to talk with one of our career counselors at their convenience, or suggest they attend a CDO event (complete listings are posted in FREDNetwork).
Request a CDO Workshop or Presentation
Faculty and staff are invited to request presentations to student groups or classes on a variety of career related topics (i.e., CDO services, resumes, cover letters, internships, job search, LinkedIn, interviewing, graduate school, etc.). If interested in scheduling a presentation with one of our staff, please call the CDO at (716) 673-3327 or complete our online Workshop Request Form.
Serving as a Faculty Sponsor?
Access internship forms to use when working with student interns completing credit-bearing internships.
Participate in Our Programs
Distinguished faculty and staff periodically make themselves available to participate in our career programs. Opportunities to partner with us include:
- Career Panels: Serve as a speaker for our career-related panels
- CDO Spotlights: Partner with us to bring employers to campus to speak to students and clubs
- Network on the Go: Identify employers to invite to campus to help students establish local, national and global connections
- Workshops & Seminars: Participate as a presenter or co-facilitator in our career planning and job search workshops
- Employment & Internship Referrals: Contact the CDO to let us know of exceptional internship and employment opportunities available to Fredonia students
- Student Employment: Post your student employment opportunities on campus using FREDNetwork
- Host an Intern: Consider hosting an intern in your department or office
Help Us Build Contacts
The CDO is always seeking out new opportunities for job and internship opportunities for students. With that said, we know that our faculty and staff have developed many relationships with external constituents. Please consider partnering with us to list opportunities or host recruiters for our career fairs, campus recruiting or other recruiting related programs such as CDO Spotlights or Network on the Go.
Fredonia Career Connection
The Fredonia Career Connection is a mentoring program created to provide a network of professionals to help current students and graduates who are exploring a variety of options - career decisions, internships, employment opportunities, graduate school and relocation. Mentors include Fredonia alumni, as well as friends of the university (faculty, staff, employers, and parents) who work in a variety of areas and are willing to share their expertise and advice. To learn more or to become a member, please visit our mentor web page.
For more information, contact the CDO at (716) 673-3327 or email email@example.com.
Career Development Office
Gregory Hall, 2nd floor
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
(716) 673-3593 fax