- Faculty & Staff
Choosing a Career or Major
The CDO can help. Begin by making an appointment to talk with a counselor about your concerns. The extensive library of career information in our resource area, the links below, and conversations with professionals in career fields you are considering can also help you make decisions.
|Click on videos to view informational interviews of 4,000+ professionals!|
Start exploring with these resources:
- Explore Career Pathways – learn more about career opportunities and how to advance your career
- MyPlan – explore your interests, skills, values and personality to see career matches
- What Can I Do With This Major? – view a list of job areas students enter with majors, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities
- Informational Interview Videos – explore careers by viewing informational interview videos from professionals in a wide variety of careers (search by industry, job title, major or keyword)
- My Next Move – what do you want to do for a living?
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – search information about careers including: nature of the work, training, job outlook, salary and related occupations (from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Career Links – explore websites with information about specific occupations
- Multicultural Links & Diversity Resources – for people with disabilities, women, ethnic groups, internationals and the GLBT community
|Successful Career Planning
Career Planning Timeline
|Researching Your Career
Interviewing for Information
Informational Interview Questions
The Career Development Office staff will be happy to help you choose a major or explore career options. Schedule an appointment with a counselor to get started!